Sports Fishing Charters
Our core fishing offering at Groote Eylandt is also suitable for everybody—from novices and young people to experienced anglers.
There are four fishing safaris to choose from, or if you have limited time on Groote, review our short tours further down the page:
Prices shown are per person based on 2 persons travelling
- 2 days, 3 nights + flights from $3,700 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
- 3 days, 4 nights + flights from $5,135 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
- 4 days, 5 nights +flights from $6,200 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
- 5 days, 6 nights + flights from $7,270 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
Your fishing safari includes:
- return airfares from Darwin with Airnorth
- twin share accommodation
- breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- 2, 3, 4 or 5 days of guided fishing
- all transfers on Groote Eylandt
On a typical three-day fishing safari, you’ll experience reef, bluewater and estuary fishing (if tides permit).
- jigging or reef fishing for Golden Snapper, Coral Trout and Red Emperor
- trolling and casting for Spanish Mackerel, Gt’s, Queenfish and Longtail Tuna
- trolling and switch-baiting for Marlin and Sailfish
- casting and trolling for Barramundi and Mangrove Jack if the tides permit
Groote Eylandt’s fishing areas are vast, so five days (or longer) is recommended as the optimum time-frame to maximise your Groote fishing experience.
Short of time on Groote? We can take you out for a half-day or full-day tour as below (contact us to book):
- Half-Day Charter – based on 4 people – 4–5 hours, $285 per person or if less than 4 people, sole charter (whole boat) applies $1100.00
- Full-Day Charter – based on 4 people – 7 – 8 hours, $450 per person or if less than 4 people sole charter (whole boat) $1750.00
Phone Us on (+ 61) 08 8987 7077 for a chat about planning your own sports fishing safari.