Groote Eylandt Lodge
Many guests are astounded by the sprawling lodge that greets them in such a remote place.
As well as well-appointed accommodation plus a dedicated fishing village, the lodge complex comprises:
- a large, modern bar and restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining spaces
- resort-style pool with waterfall surrounded by timber decking
- spa with full beauty and hair salon and three opulent treatment rooms
- dedicated meeting and convention rooms
- exercise room
- sunset dining area with unspoiled views of the ocean
- large, breezy reception area
- 25 landscaped hectares with absolute water frontage.
All spaces are connected by timber boardwalks suspended over natural, well-maintained landscaping, shaded by gum trees and other tropical natives.
Our recently refurbished fishing village comprises 12 air-conditioned elevated cabins right at the water’s edge.
Each cabin is very well appointed, with ensuite, equipped with quality linen, television, tea and coffee making facilities, and private balcony for unspoilt Gulf views.
The cabins are connected by suspended timber walkways around a central lounge with a large deck and comfortable seating for recreational activities, group events and private dinners. Conference facilities are also available in the fishing lodge.
Main Lodge accommodation area
In addition to the fishing village, the lodge also has 60 waters edge rooms in three categories: spa bungalows, bungalows and Gulf-view suites.
Security is our priority, and Groote Eylandt Lodge’s reception desk is manned from early morning until late at night. There’s also a medical team on call 24/7.
Groote Eylandt Lodge is managed by Metro Hotels