Groote Eylandt Lodge
Many guests are astounded by the sprawling lodge that greets them in such a remote place. The lodge complex comprises of:
- A large, modern bar and restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining spaces
- Sesort-style pool with waterfall surrounded by timber decking
- Spa with full beauty and hair salon and three relaxing treatment rooms
- Dedicated meeting and convention rooms accommodating up to 100 guests
- Exercise room
- Sunset dining area with unspoiled views of the ocean
- Large, breezy reception area
- 25 landscaped hectares with absolute water frontage
- Anindilyakwa Art Centre
All spaces are connected by timber boardwalks suspended over natural, well-maintained landscaping, shaded by gum trees and other tropical natives.
Makarda Ocean View Rooms
Our recently refurbished Makarda Ocean View Rooms comprise of 12 air-conditioned elevated rooms right at the water’s edge.
Each room is very well appointed, with ensuite, equipped with quality linen, TV, tea and coffee making facilities, and private balcony for unspoilt Gulf views.
The rooms are connected by suspended timber walkways around a central lounge with a large deck and comfortable seating for recreational activities, group events and private dinners. Conference facilities are also available in the lodge.
Choose from more room styles
In addition to the Makarda Ocean View Rooms, the lodge also has 60 waters edge rooms in three categories: spa bungalows, bungalows and Gulf-view suites.
Security is our priority, and Groote Eylandt Lodge’s reception desk is manned from early morning until late at night. There’s also a medical team on call 24/7.