Sports Fishing Safaris
Our core fishing offering at Groote Eylandt is also suitable for everybody—from novices and young people to experienced anglers.
There are three safaris to choose from:
Prices shown are per person based on 4 persons travelling
- 5 days, 6 nights from $7,270 (for 2 people)
- 4 days, 5 nights from $6,200 (for 2 people)
- 3 days, 4 nights from $5,135 (for 2 people)
Your safari includes:
- return airfares from Darwin
- twin share accommodation
- breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- 3, 4 or 5 days of guided fishing
- all transfers on Groote Eylandt
On a typical three-day safari, you’ll experience reef, bluewater and estuary fishing and tangle with hard-hitting tropical species from marlin and sailfish on day one to the iconic barramundi on day three.
- jigging deepwater lures for golden snapper, nannygai and red emperor
- trolling and casting for Spanish mackerel, giant barracuda and longtail tuna
- trolling and switch-baiting for marlin and sailfish
- popper fishing for enormous queenfish and GTs
- casting and trolling for barramundi and mangrove Jack in virtually unfished waters.
Groote Eylandt’s fishing areas are vast, so five days (or longer) is recommended as the optimum time-frame to maximise your Groote fishing experience.
Phone Us on (+ 61) 1800 877 077 for a chat about planning your own sports fishing safari.