Central to the sensational fishing experience at Groote Eylandt is our boats.
‘Warnindilyakwa Arrarra’ (East Wind) and ‘Inungura Arrara’ (West Wind) are identical 7.5-metre Key West fibreglass vessels imported directly from Florida in the USA.
- purpose-built professional fishing boats
- twin 150-horse power engines give smooth, fast access to fishing hot spots
- hard-top canopies, comfortable seating and self-draining deck make them great dry boats in rough water
- the latest communication and navigation technology: emergency activation on VHF radio, EPIRBs, satellite phones and the latest navigation equipment from Lowrance
- under 2C survey, both vessels are licensed to travel 15 and 30 nautical miles off shore
- surveyed for four passengers and one crew.
They’re also extremely safe, and purportedly unsinkable. It is said that you could cut them in half with a chainsaw and still drive them with an engine attached.
And both vessels are fully stocked with premium equipment and Shimano fishing gear for any type of fishing we come across: overhead rod storage, outriggers for marlin fishing, rod holders for trolling and a stepped bow for stand-up casting at schools in calm weather.